Virginia Room Digital Collection

Welcome!

The Virginia Room Digital Collection includes photographs, oral histories, books, pamphlets and finding aids to items in the Virginia Room. Continue to check back for new additions.

Browse Items (6546 total)

FE258 Jefferson Street.jpg
Looking south on Jefferson Street from Salem Avenue.

FE257 Lee Junior High.jpg
Lee Junior High School was built in 1912 at the intersection of Franklin Road and 2nd Street SW. It was razed in 1973 to clear the site for construction of the Richard H. Poff Federal Building.

FE256 Stone Printing.jpg
Stone Printing Company began doing business at this location in 1891. The stone veneer was added to the building, located at 116 N. Jefferson Street, in 1907.

FE255 Jefferson Hospital.jpg
Jefferson Hospital, founded in 1907 by Dr. Hugh Trout, was the predecessor of Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital. Formerly located at 1313 Franklin Road SW, the hospital closed in 1967 and was later razed.

FE250 Police Car.jpg
Parked in front of the city jail, is this blue and white, fifty horsepower Cadillac patrol wagon. It could carry as many as eight prisoners in its enclosed compartment, while the policeman had to ride exposed to the elements.

FE241 Blue Ridge Springs.jpg
Blue Ridge Springs was one of a number of summer resorts in Southwestern Virginia. It boasted the healing powers of dyspepsia in its natural spring. Like many resorts of its kind, Blue Ridge Springs fell into disrepair during the Great Depression. …

FE239 Grandin Road.jpg
Looking northeast on Grandin Road at the intersection with Shirley Avenue.

FE236 N&W Shops.jpg
Aerial view of Norfolk & Western east end shops.

FE226 Maiden Lane.jpg
Looking west from the 1900 block of Maiden Lane. The neighborhood is still under development at the time of this photograph.

FE225b Maiden Lane.jpg
Looking east on the 2000 block of Maiden Lane SW. The neighborhood is still under development at the time this photograph was taken.

FE225a Westover Avenue.jpg
Looking east on the 2000 block of Westover Avenue SW. The neighborhood is still under development at the time of this photograph.

FE224 Grandin Road.jpg
Looking south on Grandin Road from the 1700 block.

FE222 Primitive Dentistry.jpg
Onlookers in Ballyhack watch as the seated gentleman in this photograph is having a tooth extracted by the lady in front of him, while the one behind him holds his head still.

FE214 Campbell Avenue.jpg
Looking west on Campbell Avenue.

FE211 Witten-Martin Furniture.jpg
Located at 213 1st Street SW, the Masonic temple was constructed in 1911. For many years, the first floor was occupied by various retail establishments, as evidenced in this photograph when Witten-Martin Furniture Company occupied the space.

FE208 Crockett Springs.jpg
Crockett Springs Resort, near Shawsville, was one of a number of summer resorts in Southwestern Virginia that boasted the healing powers of its spring waters. The resort opened in 1889 and closed shortly before 1940. The hotel was razed in 1966.

FE206 Mountain Lake.jpg
Canoers on Mountain Lake. The second Mountain Lake Lodge, built in 1875, can be seen in the distance. The current stone lodge replaced this structure in 1936.

FE205 Police Switchboard.jpg
Switchboard at Police headquarters. Sargeant Dick Arnold uses the phone as motorcycle officer John Lemon looks on.

FE203 Virginia College.jpg
The Virginia College for Young Women was located in the South Roanoke neighborhood at the end of Rosalind Avenue. The college closed in 1933.

FE202 Blue Ridge Springs.jpg
Blue Ridge Springs was one of a number of summer resorts in Southwestern Virginia. It boasted the healing powers of dyspepsia in its natural spring. Like many resorts of its kind, Blue Ridge Springs fell into disrepair during the Great Depression. …

FE201 State & City Building.jpg
State & City Building, located at 102 Campbell Avenue SW.

FE200 WDBJ Radio.jpg
Virginia's second commercial radio station, WDBJ-AM, had been broadcasting for twelve and a half years when it moved to its new quarters at 124 Kirk Avenue SW in January 1937.

FE199 Terra Alta.jpg
"Terra Alta" located at 1348 Prospect Road SE.

FE198 Mountain Trust Bank.jpg
The temporary quarters of Mountain Trust Bank, formerly located at 34 W. Church Avenue.

FE196 Roanoke Baseball.jpg
Roanoke Baseball Team. Front row, left to right: Dusty Coons, ? Wrigley, ? Lynch; middle row, L to R: unidentfied, unidentfied, Pop Tate (manager), G. McGann, ? Hill; back row, L to R: Ed McGinnis, unidentified, unidentified, and ? Williams.

FE195 Campbell Avenue.jpg
Lyle's Drugstore occupied the right half of this building, located at 101 Campbell Avenue SW.

FE189 Fenton China.jpg
Fenton China and House Furniture, formerly located at 306 S. Jefferson Street.

FE188 Burrell Memorial.jpg
Roanoke's first African American hospital, Burrell Memorial, was founded in 1915 in a small cottage on Henry Street. It soon outgrew the Henry Street location and moved into the former Alleghany Institute, a school for boys located at 611 McDowell…

FE185 Campbell Avenue.jpg
Looking east from the 100 block of Campbell Avenue.

FE182 Jefferson Street.jpg
Looking south on Jefferson Street from the Colonial Bank building.

FE178 Elmwood Park.jpg
A scene in Elmwood Park.

FE175 Roanoke High School.jpg
Roanoke High School was built in 1898 on the northeast corner of Church Avenue and 3rd Street SW. It became the school administration building in 1924 after Jefferson High School opened. It was razed in 1968 for construction of the Municipal…

FE171 Roanoke Photo Finishing.jpg
An interior view of Roanoke Photo Finishing Company with George Davis behind counter.

FE162 N&W General Offices.jpg
Completed in 1883 by the Shenandoah Valley Railroad, the general office building housed the offices for Norfolk & Western after they were moved from Lynchburg. The building was located on the northwest corner of Jefferson Street and Shenandoah…

FE159 Mountain View.jpg
Mountain View, a 40 room elegant turn-of-the-century mansion, was built in 1907 by Junius B. Fishburn. Mr. Fishburn donated Mountain View to the City in 1955 with the stipulation that it be used solely and exclusively for public recreation purposes.…

FE157 Ole Monterey Golf Course.jpg
Built in 1920, Ole Monterey Golf Course is the second oldest golf course in the City of Roanoke.

FE156 Crystal Spring Laundry.jpg
Crystal Spring Laundry was located at 720 Franklin Road SW.

FE153 Ole Monterey Golf Course.jpg
Roanoke Country Club, located at 3360 Old Country Club Road NW.

FE151 Wasena Elementary.jpg
Wasena Elementary School is located at 1125 Sherwood Avenue SW.

FE150 Jefferson High.jpg
Originally constructed in 1922, Jefferson High School was Roanoke's largest high school for half a century.

FE147 State & City Bank.jpg
Built in 1905, the building located at 116 Campbell Avenue SW was home to two banks in its early years, State & City Bank in this photograph and Day & Night Bank.

FE146 Roanoke Hospital.jpg
Roanoke Hospital was built in 1893 with the aid of Norfolk & Western and the Roanoke Gas and Water Company. Carilion Roanoke Memorial now occupies the site of the old hospital.

FE144 Highland Park Elementary.jpg
Built in 1920, Highland Park Elementary School is located at 1212 5th Street SW.

FE142 Roanoke Printing Company.jpg
Roanoke Printing Company occupies the Bolling Building, formerly located on the southwest corner of Church Avenue and 1st Street SW.

FE140 Stonewall Jackson Middle.jpg
Stonewall Jackson Middle School located at 1004 Montrose Avenue SE. The school's name was changed to John P. Fishwick Middle School in 2018.

FE139 Lucy Addison High.jpg
Lucy Addison High School opened in 1928. Located at 40 Douglass Avenue NW, the building now houses Roanoke City Public Schools Administrative Offices.

FE138 Jamison School.jpg
Jamison Elementary School was located on the southwest corner of Jamison Avenue and 14th Street SE. The school was built in 1916 and razed in 1975.

FE137 Stonewall Jackson Middle.jpg
Stonewall Jackson Middle School located at 1004 Montrose Avenue SE shortly after completion. The school's name was changed to John P. Fishwick Middle School in 2018.

FE136 Morningside Elementary.jpg
Morningside Elementary School, located at 1716 Wilson Street SE.

FE131 Boggs & Havnaer.jpg
Boggs & Havnaer Laundry and Dry Cleaning supplies and equipment, formerly located at 912 3 1/2 Street SE.

FE130 Morice Twine Mill.jpg
The Morice (formerly Roanoke) Twine Mill in Norwich. Built to house the Norwich Lock Company in 1891, the lock company was a short-lived enterprise. In 1901, the Roanoke Cotton Mill moved into the abandoned building.

FE128 Sherwood Forest.jpg
Entrance to Sherwood Forest subdivision, located at Yellow Mountain Road and Nottingham Road.

FE126 Harrison School.jpg
The Harrison School was completed in 1916. Two years later, the first high school classes for African American students began at Harrison School. Three students graduated in 1924, due largely to the persistence of Harrison's principal, Lucy…

FE124 Commerce Street School.jpg
Commerce Street School, also called First Ward School, was located at the corner of Church Avenue and 2nd (Commerce) Street. Built in 1890, it was razed in 1929 to make room for the post office.

FE123 Ponce de Leon.jpg
The second Ponce de Leon Hotel located at 131 Campbell Avenue SW.

FE121 Belmont Elementary.jpg
Belmont Elementary School was located on Dale Avenue in southeast Roanoke. The school was built in 1891 and remained in operation until 1974 when Fallon Park Elementary School was completed.

FE120 N&W General Offices.jpg
Norfolk & Western General Offices, located at 8 N. Jefferson Street, replaced the old General Offices after they were destroyed by fire in 1896. This building would be used in this capacity until 1932 when the new office building was completed.

FE117 Salvation Army Hotel.jpg
Salvation Army Hotel, formerly located at 201 2nd Street SW.

FE116 Roanoke Country Club.jpg
Roanoke Country Club, located at 3360 Old Country Club Road NW, shortly after completion of the clubhouse.

FE112 First Presbyterian.jpg
First Presbyterian Church, located at 2101 Jefferson Street SW.

FE111 Hancock-Clay.jpg
In the Coulter Building, the Hancock-Clay Company opened a department store in 1926. This interior view shows some of the dry goods and notions sold by Hancock-Clay. The firm became bankrupt in the early 1930s.

FE109 2nd VA Company G.jpg
Spanish-American War United States Veterans, Company G, 2nd Virginia Volunteers, Dewey Mess. Pictured are : H.H. Zink, E.M. Carr, Pat Sullivan, A.T. Day, F.M. Moore, C.W. Rolen, J.T. Donnelly, G.D. Black, J.L. Bonavita, G.W. Misel, R.L. Tremain,…

FE107 Roanoke Bankers.jpg
Group portrait of Roanoke bankers in front of the Terry Building.

FE103 Natural Tunnel.jpg
Natural Tunnel in Scott County. The massive naturally formed cave is so large, it is used as a railroad tunnel.

FE098 Pythian Castle Hall.jpg
Groundbreaking for Pythian Castle Hall, Osceola Lodge No. 47 on Franklin Road. Shown are George Davis, Stuart A. Barbour, Frank N. Smith, and Charles D. Keffer.

FE094 Old 97.jpg
The wreck of the "Old 97" was an American rail disaster involving the Southern Railway mail train, officially known as the Fast Mail, while en route from Monroe, Virginia, to Spencer, North Carolina, on September 27, 1903. Due to excessive speed in…

FE093 Mill Mountain.jpg
A view of Mill Mountain. Building in foreground was the Adams, Payne, Gleaves, Livery Stable No. 2. Abandoned by the time of this photograph, it is used to promote the purchase of war bonds.

FE092 Armistead Neal House.jpg
Armistead Neal tavern and boarding house was located on Shenandoah Avenue. For many years, it served the town of Big Lick as a hotel.

FE091 Roanoke Country Club.jpg
Golf Course at Roanoke Country Club.

FE090 Red Men's Band.jpg
Hiawatha Tribe Number 66, Red Men's Band at Hotel Roanoke.

FE089 Old 97.jpg
The wreck of the "Old 97" was an American rail disaster involving the Southern Railway mail train, officially known as the Fast Mail, while en route from Monroe, Virginia, to Spencer, North Carolina, on September 27, 1903. Due to excessive speed in…

FE088 Roanoke Machine Shop Band.jpg
Led by the Roanoke Machine Works band, the funeral procession of William Nolty winds slowly past "Brick Row" on E. Campbell Avenue. "Brick Row" was built as a low-rent housing area for mostly less skilled workers at Roanoke Machine Works. The…

FE086 Old 97.jpg
The wreck of the "Old 97" was an American rail disaster involving the Southern Railway mail train, officially known as the Fast Mail, while en route from Monroe, Virginia, to Spencer, North Carolina, on September 27, 1903. Due to excessive speed in…

FE085 Webster Brick.jpg
Webster Brick Company (now General Shale), located at 2351 Webster Road.

FE084 Muse Family.jpg
Calvin and Harriet Muse stand with their sons, George and Willie, after the family is reunited in 1927. George and Willie's story is detailed in 'Truevine: Two Brothers, a Kidnapping, and a Mother's Quest' by Beth Macy.

FE083 Natural Bridge Hotel.jpg
The original Natural Bridge Hotel. The hotel burned in 1963 and was replaced by the current hotel in 1964.

FE082 Almshouse.jpg
The Almshouse or "poor house" was built in 1925. The building is now part of Virginia Western Community College.

FE081 Carvins Cove.jpg
Waterfall at Carvins Cove.

FE080 Poages Mill.jpg
Close-up view of Poage's Mill waterwheel on Back Creek.

FE079 RHS Gymnasts.jpg
Roanoke High School gymnasts. Caption reads, "Winners Intermediate Gym Contest, '07-'08".

FE075 Alleghany Institute Students.jpg
Group portrait of students and faculty of the Alleghany Institute. Front row, left ot right: Ott Coleman, Jack Airheart, William ?; back row, left to right: B.S. Brooke, Eugene Turner, Ernest B. Fishburn, Billy Malone, D. Thomas Taylor, Romeo…

FE072 Jefferson Hospital.jpg
Jefferson Hospital, founded in 1907 by Dr. Hugh Trout, was the predecessor of Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital. Formerly located at 1313 Franklin Road SW, the hospital closed in 1967 and was later razed. The two-story porches no longer exist…

FE071 Ponce de Leon Hotel.jpg
The second Ponce de Leon Hotel located at 131 Campbell Avenue SW.

FE069 Ponce de Leon Hotel.jpg
The original Ponce de Leon Hotel located at 131 Campbell Avenue SW. The elegant verandas are gone by the time this photograph was taken. In December 1930, the building was totally destroyed by fire, killing one resident and injuring others. It was…

FE068 Greene Memorial.jpg
Greene Memorial United Methodist Church at the corner of Church Avenue and 2nd Street. In this photograph, a crowd is gathered to watch as the new La France Fire Engine was hauled to the corner to see if it could throw water as high as the steeple…

FE066 Observation Tower.jpg
The second observation tower once atop Mill Mountain. The first observation tower was destroyed in a wind storm in 1914. This tower replaced it until 1936, when it was destroyed by fire. George Davis at left.

FE065 WDBJ.jpg
WDBJ station at its third location on the corner of Colonial Avenue and Brandon Avenue.

FE064 View from Mill Mountain.jpg
A view of Roanoke from Mill Mountain with the Riverland neighborhood in the foreground.

FE062 Natural Bridge Hotel.jpg
The original Natural Bridge Hotel. The hotel burned in 1963 and was replaced by the current hotel in 1964.

FE061 UCT Carnival.jpg
Spectators watch the highwire act, part of the Order of United Commercial Travelers of American carnival.

FE058 Campbell Avenue.jpg
Crowds gather along Campbell Avenue to watch the Armistice Day Parade.

FE057 1st Street.jpg
Looking north on 1st Street from Church Avenue.

FE056 Downtown Roanoke.jpg
Looking north on Jefferson Street from the Colonial National Bank building.

FE055 Lewis-Gale.jpg
Lewis-Gale Hospital was built in 1909 as a partnership between Dr. Sparrell Gale and Dr. J.N. Lewis. The original hospital stood at the northwest corner of 3rd Street and Luck Avenue.

FE054 Dog Mouth Fountain.jpg
Th Dog Mouth Fountain stands on the northwest corner of Salem Avenue and Market Street. Legend has it that those who drink from the fountain will always return to Roanoke.

FE052 Mill Mountain.jpg
A view of Mill Mountain. Roanoke Hospital, the Mill Mountain Incline, and the observation tower are all visible.

FE050 Patrick Henry Hotel.jpg
Patrick Henry Hotel

FE049 1st Street.jpg
Looking north on 1st Street from Church Avenue.

FE048 FNEB.jpg
The First National Exchange Bank building is located at 201 S. Jefferson Street.

FE047 Market Building.jpg
Roanoke's first Market Building. Built in 1886, it was replaced by the current Market Building in 1922.

FE046 Patrick Henry Lobby.jpg
Interior view of the Patrick Henry Hotel lobby.

FE045 Elmwood Pond.jpg
The pond once in Elmwood Park.

FE044 Civil War Veterans.jpg
Civil War veterans reunion at Hotel Roanoke.

FE041 Almshouse.jpg
The Almshouse or "poor house" was built in 1925. The building is now part of Virginia Western Community College.

FE038 Mill Mountain Incline.jpg
Mill Mountain Incline.

FE037 Jefferson Street.jpg
Looking north on Jefferson Street.

FE036 Hotel Roanoke.jpg
Hotel Roanoke

FE034 Horton Livery.jpg
Horton and Roberts Livery Stable stood on Henry Street (now 1st Street SW) just north of the northeast corner of Henry Street and Church Avenue.

FE033 Big Lick Livery.jpg
In 1898, the Big Lick Livery Stable stood on Henry Street (1st Street SW) just north of Roanoke's first federally funded post office (located on the NE corner of Henry (1st) Street and Church Avenue) which can be seen in the background. In 1890 this…

FE032 Post Office.jpg
Roanoke's second federally funded post office was constructed on the same site as the first, the corner of Church Avenue and 1st Street. It was built in 1914 and replaced in 1933.

FE028 Fire Ladder.jpg
Firemen pose on a ladder pulled by horses. The building in the background was on the corner of 1st Street and Church Avenue.

FE027 Title Guarantee.jpg
Title Guarantee Trust and Savings Bank, formerly located at 34 Church Avenue SW.

FE024 Jefferson Street.jpg
Looking south on Jefferson Street. American Theatre on right.

FE023 Big Lick Hotel.jpg
Formerly located on the southwest corner of Williamson Road and Salem Avenue, the Big Lick Hotel would go through several iterations, including a portion of the Shenandoah Hotel, the Lee Hotel and Hotel Earle. The building was gutted by fire in 1991…

FE022 Church and Jefferson.jpg
Intersection showing the Williamson Building on the northwest corner of Church Avenue and Jefferson Street. At the time of this photo, the building housed T.L. Deyerle Company. It would later be home to the Sportsman. The building was razed in…

FE019 Lakeside.jpg
Lakeside Amusement Park was built in 1920 on Mason's Creek. The "lake" seen here was the area's first public swimming pool, complete with sand beach. Also visible is the "Thriller" rollercoaster and the bumper car pavilion.

FE017 Mountain Trust.jpg
Mountain Trust Bank was located in the Strickland Building at 302 S. Jefferson Street.

FE015 Municipal Building.jpg
The Municipal Building from 2nd Street.

FE014 Campbell Avenue.jpg
Looking west on Campbell Avenue. The Rialto Theatre is visible at left.

FE013 McGuire Building.jpg
The McGuire Building, located at 1 Market Square, was built in 1914 and housed W. E. McGuire’s Farmers’ Supply Co. that sold buggies, wagons, fertilizer, seed, and other farm-related equipment and supplies. Tenants in this photo include A&P…

FE012 Alleghany Institute Students.jpg
Group portrait of Alleghany Institute students. Individuals unidentifed.

FE011 McGuire Building.jpg
The McGuire Building, located at 1 Market Square, was built in 1914 and housed W. E. McGuire’s Farmers’ Supply Co. that sold buggies, wagons, fertilizer, seed, and other farm-related equipment and supplies.

FE010 Campbell Avenue.jpg
Looking east on Campbell Avenue toward the Market Building from the roof of the Colonial American National Bank building.

FE009 Union Lunch.jpg
Union Lunch, formerly located in the area where the Market Building is today.

FE007 Armistice Day Parade.jpg
A contingent of veterans march in the Armistice Day Parade on Campbell Avenue.

FE006 JE Bernards.jpg
J.E. Bernard's Machine Shop, formerly located at 109-111 Church Avenue SW. Roanoke Automobile Company is located next door, specializing in the sale of Ramblers.

FE005 Carolina Cotton Mills.jpg
Carolina Cotton and Woolen Mills, formerly located at 505 6th Street SW.

FE003 Grand Piano.jpg
Grand Piano Furniture was located at 312 2nd Street SW.

FE002 GW Sisler.jpg
G.W. Sisler Funeral Home, formerly located at 23 First (Salem) Avenue.

FE001 First Auto.jpg
Roanoke's first automobile parked in front of a bicycle shop at 109-111 Church Avenue SW. The first auto was believed to have been owned by T.T. Fishburn. In two years, in 1906, this building would become Roanoke Automobile Company selling Rambler…

HouchinsCatherine.MP3
Oral History Interview with Reverend Catherine Houchins
Interviewer: Joel Bowers
Interviewee: Rev. Catherine Houchins
Date: March 11, 2019
Location: Metropolitan Community Church of the Blue Ridge
Total Duration: 56:00
Transcription prepared…

ChattinRiley.MP3
Oral History Interview with Riley Chattin
Interviewer: Jillian Barnard
Interviewee: Riley Chattin
Date: February 22, 2019
Location: Fintel Library, Roanoke College
Total Duration: 57:35
Transcription prepared by: Becca Horton, Alanna Higdon,…

SwainYoedie.MP3
Oral History Interview with Yoedie Cleveland Swain
Interviewer: Elbisa Lindov
Interviewee: Yoedie Cleveland Swain
Date: February 25, 2019
Location: Diva’s House of Hair
Total Duration: 1:02:17
Transcription prepared by: Cameron Sammons and…

BurrussGail.MP3
Oral History Interview with Gail Burruss
Interviewers: Michelle Eimen
Interviewee: Gail Burruss
Date: February 18, 2019
Location: Fintel Library, Roanoke College
Total Duration: 59:20
Transcription prepared by: Katie Thaxton, Michelle Eimen,…

ThrockmortonNegativeCollection.pdf
Inventory of negatives included in the Throckmorton Negative Collection, Images containing group and individual negatives are not identified beyond the names of the groups.

TNC 63.0 WKT Law Office.jpg
Willett, Key, and Tatel Law Office, formerly located at 109 Highland Avenue, SW.

TNC 61.0 YWCA Building.jpg
The former Roanoke YWCA building located at 605 1st Street, SW.

TNC 60.15 FNEB.jpg
First National Exchange Bank, formerly locate at 1204 S. Main Street, Blacksburg.

TNC 60.14 First Federal Savings.jpg
First Federal Savings of Roanoke, formerly located at 1206 S. Main Street, Blacksburg.

TNC 60.13 Blacksburg Presbyterian.jpg
Blacksburg Presbyterian Church, located at 701 Church Street, Blacksburg.

TNC 60.12 FNEB.jpg
First National Exchange Bank, formerly located at 200 N. Main Street, Blacksburg.

TNC 60.11 NB of Blacksburg.jpg
National Bank of Blacksburg, located at 100 S. Main Street, Blacksburg.

TNC 60.9 Montomery Mutual.jpg
Montgomery County Mutual, formerly located at 104 Jackson Street, Blacksburg,

TNC 60.7 Blacksburg Christian Church.jpg
Blacksburg Christian Church, located at 240 Watson Avenue, Blacksburg.

TNC 60.5 NB of Blacksburg.jpg
National Bank of Blacksburg, located at 901 N. Main Street in Blacksburg

TNC 60.6 Burruss Hall.jpg
Burruss Hall on the campus of Virginia Tech.

TNC 60.4 Blacksburg High.jpg
The old Blacksburg High School, later old Blacksburg Middle School, was located in the 500 block of S. Main Street in Blacksburg. The middle school closed in 2002 after completion of the new midle school on Prices Fork Road. The building was razed…

TNC 60.3 Marriott.jpg
Shown under construction is the Marriott formerly located on Prices Fork Road in Blacksburg across from the Virginia Tech Golf Course.

TNC 60.2 LGH Montgomery.jpg
Montgomery County Hospital, now LewisGale Hospital Montgomery, is located at 3700 S. Main Street, Blacksburg.

TNC 60.1 Corning.jpg
Corning plant, located at 3050 N. Franklin Street in Christiansburg.

TNC 60.0 The Gables.jpg
The Gables Shopping Center, located at 1322 S. Main Street in Blacksburg. Tenenants included Leggett's, Mick or Mack, Sears, A&P, Gables Pharmacy, T,G,&Y, High's Ice Cream, First Virginia Bank, Firestone, and Sherwin Williams Paints.

TNC 59.0 Whipple Company Store.jpg
Whipple Company Store, located at 7485 Okey L. Patteson Road, Scarbro, WV.

TNC 58.4 AEP Construction.jpg
Aerial view showing site of future Appalachian Power Service Center, located at 803 River Avenue, SE. Roanoke Industrial Center in the foreground.

TNC 58.2 Richfield.jpg
Aerial view of Richfield Living. View shows nursing care center built in 1971 located at 3615 W Main Street in Salem.

TNC 58.1 Richfield.jpg
Aerial view of Richfield Living. View shows nursing care center built in 1971 located at 3615 W Main Street in Salem.

TNC 58.0 Richfield.jpg
Aerial view of Richfield Living. View shows nursing care center built in 1971 located at 3615 W. Main Street in Salem.

TNC 57.0 Vaughn Market.tif
J.M. Vaughn Market, formerly located at 140 Railroad Avenue in Eagle Rock, Virginia

TNC 55.0 Glidden Store.jpg
Grand opening of the Glidden Paint store, formerly located at 3846 Electric Road.

TNC 54.0 Dominion Tower.jpg
Dominion Tower construction shown from the roof of 213 S. Jefferson Street.

TNC 53.1 Comfort Inn.jpg
Comfort Inn, located at 2545 Lee Highway in Troutville.

TNC 53.0 Comfort Inn.jpg
Comfort Inn, located at 2545 Lee Highway in Troutville.

TNC 51.3 AEP Building.jpg
Construction of Appalachian Power building from Franklin Road, located at 606 1st Street, SW.

TNC 51.2 AEP Building.jpg
Construction of Appalachian Power building viewed from 1st Street, SW.

TNC 51.1 AEP Building.jpg
Appalachian Power, located at 606 1st Street, SW.

TNC 51.0 AEP Building.jpg
Appalachian Power Company Service Center, located at 803 River Avenue, SE.

VANv31n4.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv31n3.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv31n2.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv31n1.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv30n4.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv30n3.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv30n2.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv30n1.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

PS 273 Junior Womens Club.jpg
Composite photograph of Roanoke Junior Woman's Club members. Pictured are: Florence Chick, Naomi Wade, Louise Simmerman, Frances Parrish, Catherine Phipps, Terecia Wingate, Mildred Stickley, Helen Lorenzen, Dorothy Snedegar, Betty Norris, Vivian…

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

PS 109.7 RSO.jpg
Group photograph of Roanoke Symphony Orchestra and Chorus.

Virginia Y. Lee Celebrity Memorabilia Collection.pdf
This is a guide to the Virginia Y. Lee Celebrity Memorabilia Collection. Items in the collection were collected by Gainsboro Branch of Roanoke Public Libraries librarian Virginia Y. Lee. The collection relates to celebrities Paul Laurence Dunbar, W.…

PS 272 RRE Employees.jpg
Composite photograph of Roanoke Railway & Electric Company/Safety Motor Transit Corporation employees. Pictured are: R.M. Pendleton, L.O. Kesler, R.C. Richards, R.B. Crider, B.F. Spencer, E.R. Mitchell, J.W. Hale, E.H. Hammersley, R.C. Nimmo, T.H.…

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

PS 283 Capitol Saloon.jpg
Unidentified men stand outside the Capitol Saloon once located at 23 Salem Avenue, SW.

PS 281 WFHS Band.jpg
Group photograph of the William Fleming High School band.

PS 275 USPS Employees.jpg
Composite photograph of personnel of the Roanoke United States Post Office. Pictured are: E.M. Wright, B.S. Sisson, C.D. Spangler, I.C. Barnhart, J.P. Broughman, O.E. Hammer, C.H. Owen, John Robertson, R.W. Adams, R.P. Grogan, D.T. Alley, W.A. Clark,…

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

PS 263.1 WT Grant.jpg
Interior view of W.T. Grant department store, formerly located at 27 Campbell Avenue, SW.

PS 263 WT Grant.jpg
Interior view of W.T. Grant department store, formerly located at 27 Campbell Avenue, SW.

PS 261.2 Davidsons Menswear.jpg
Window displays at Davidson's Menswear.

PS 261.1 Davidsons Menswear.jpg
Window displays at Davidson's Menswear.

PS 260.1 Noland.jpg
Noland Company's former location at 1226 Centre Avenue, NW.

PS 260.0 Noland.jpg
Noland Company's former location at 1226 Centre Avenue, NW.

PS 209 Liberty Limestone.jpg
Liberty Limestone Corporation office building, formerly located at 19857 Main Street in Buchanan.

PS 176.2 Roanoke Youth Symphony.jpg
Group photograph of Roanoke Youth Symphony.

PS 176.1 Roanoke Youth Symphony.jpg
Group photograph of Roanoke Youth Symphony.

PS 176.0 Roanoke Youth Symphony.jpg
Group photograph of Roanoke Youth Symphony.

PS 142.0 Greene Memorial Choir.jpg
Group photograph of Greene Memorial United Methodist Chuch choir.

PS 110.10 HSMM.jpg
Hayes, Seay, Mattern, and Mattern architecural firm, formerly located at 1615 Franklin Road, SW.

PS 110.6 HSMM.jpg
Employees working in drafting room at Hayes, Seay, Mattern, and Mattern.

PS 109.0 RSO and Chorus.jpg
Group photograph of Roanoke Symphony Orchestra and Chorus.

PS 108 Last Supper.jpg
Reenactment of the Last Supper at Greene Memorial United Methodist Church.

PS 106.0 JH Rutherfoord Family.jpg
Julian H. Rutherfoord Family portrait in front of home located at 412 King George Avenue, SW.

PS 104.0 BSA Troop 21.jpg
Boy Scouts of America, Troop 21 in the old Boy Scout room at Greene Memorial United Methodist Church. Pictured are Henry Deaton, Jr., Jimmy King, Alton B. Parker, and Joe Wright.

PS 102 Greene Memorial Choir.jpg
Greene Memorial United Methodist Church junior choir.

PS 101 Oral Roberts Campaign.jpg
View of Oral Roberts revival campaign taken from the top of Victory Stadium.

PS 90.0 Hitching Post Motel.jpg
The Hitching Post Motel, formerly located at 7656 Williamson Road.

PS 81.0 Oak Hill Academy Board.jpg
Group photograph of the Oak Hill Academy Board of Trustees.

PS 76.0 WP Swartz.jpg
W.P. Swartz & Company, formerly located at 421 Luck Avenue, SW.

PS 74.0 Whitehead Plumbing.jpg
Employees of Whitehead Plumbing next to trucks at 1114 Moorman Avenue, NW.

PS 71.0 Propst-Childress.jpg
Propst-Childress Shoe Company window display. Store was located at 306 S. Jefferston Street.

PS 66.0 Carlton Terrace.jpg
Carlton Terrace Apartments, formerly located at 924 S. Jefferson Street.

PS 64.0 Gulf Station.jpg
Gulf Service Station, formerly located at the corner of Plantation Road and Williamson Road. . Tinker Mountain is seen in the background.

PS 63.2 Cheds.jpg
Ched's Department Store, possible located on Route 460 in Blacksburg.

PS 63.1 Cheds.jpg
Ched's Department Store, possibly located on Route 460 in Blacksburg.

PS 59.2 Universal Ball.jpg
Universal Ball Company, formerly located in the 1900 block of Progress Drive, SE.

PS 59.1 Universal Ball.jpg
Universal Ball Company, formerly located in the 1900 block of Progress Drive, SE.

PS 53.0 VEC.jpg
Virginia Employment Commission, formerly located at 1204 Franklin Road, SW.

PS 49.0 Colonial Tourist Home.jpg
Colonial Tourist Home, formerly located at 3824 Williamson Road.

PS 37.0 Ferrum Graduates.jpg
Class graduates of Ferrum College in front of Vaughn Chapel.

PS 33.2 Second Presbyterian Choir.jpg
Second Presbyterian Church junior choir.

PS 33.0 Second Presbyterian Choir.jpg
Second Presbyterian Church junior choir.

PS 28.7 Leggetts.jpg
Interior view of salon in Leggett's Department Store, formerly located at 112 Campbell Avenue, SW.

PS 28.5 Leggetts.jpg
Interior view of fabric department in Leggett's Department Store, formerly located at 112 Campbell Avenue, SW.

PS 28.4 Leggetts.jpg
Interior view of fabric department in Leggett's Department Store, formerly located at 112 Campbell Avenue, SW.

PS 28.3 Leggetts.jpg
Interior view of Leggett's Department Store, formerly located at 112 Campbell Avenue, SW.

PS 28.2 Leggetts.jpg
Interior view of men's department in Leggett's Department Store, formerly located at 112 Campbell Avenue, SW.

PS 22.0 JW Burress.jpg
J.W. Burress Construction and Industrial Equipment, formerly located at 1701 Shenandoah Avenue, NW.

PS 13.510 Poff Building.jpg
A newly completed Poff Federal Building, located at 210 Franklin Road, SW.

PS 13.59 Poff Building.jpg
A newly completed Poff Federal Building, located at 210 Franklin Road, SW.

PS 13.58 Poff Building.jpg
A newly completed Poff Federal Building, located at 210 Franklin Road, SW.

PS 13.57 Poff Building.jpg
The entrance of a newly completed Poff Federal Building, located at 210 Franklin Road, SW.

PS 13.31 Poff Building.jpg
Construction of Poff Federal Building, located at 210 Franklin Road, SW.

PS 13.24 Poff Building.jpg
Construction of Poff Federal Building, located at 210 Franklin Road, SW.

PS 13.21 Poff Building.jpg
Construction of Poff Federal Building, located at 210 Franklin Road, SW.

PS 13.12 Poff Building.jpg
Construction of Poff Federal Building, located at 210 Franklin Road, SW.

PS 13.10 Poff Building.jpg
Construction of Poff Federal Building, located at 210 Franklin Road, SW.

PS 13.8 Poff Building.jpg
Construction of Poff Federal Building, located at 210 Franklin Road, SW.

PS 13.6 Poff Building.jpg
Construction of Poff Federal Building, located at 210 Franklin Road, SW.

PS 13.2 Poff Building.jpg
Construction of Poff Federal Building, located at 210 Franklin Road, SW.

PS 10.1 MiniBank.jpg
MiniBank in Mick or Mack, formerly located in what is now Williamson Road Plaza.

PS 9.0 Mick or Mack.jpg
Mick or Mack, formerly located in the 5300 block of Williamson Road in what is now Williamson Road Plaza.

PS 6.1 Municipal Building.jpg
Noel C. Taylor Municipal Building, located at 215 Church Avenue.

Funeral Program Index (7).pdf
The Funeral Program and Obituary Index includes funeral programs, in memoriam articles and obituaries that are housed at the Gainsboro Branch of Roanoke Public Libraries.

VANv29n4.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv29n3.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv29n2.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv29n1.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv28n4.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv28n3.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv28n2.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv28n1.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv27n4.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv27n3.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv27n2.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv27n1.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv26n4.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv26n3.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv26n2.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv26n1.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

GibboneyCollection.pdf
The Dorothy Gibboney Collection consists of materials collected by Gibboney from 1966-1980. Materials include correspondence, news clippings, awards, photographs, and programs and speaking engagements. Most of the correspondence was received during…

PanPhilianClub.pdf
The Pan Philian Club Records collection consists of records generated by the club from its inception in 1920 through the 1960s. Records include meeting minutes, correspondence, news clippings, programs, and projects. Materials are arranged…

Memoir1938.pdf
The Memoir was the Annual for Troutville High School.

Memoir1937.pdf
The Memoir was the annual for Troutville High School.

VANv25n4.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv25n3.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv25n2.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv25n1.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv24n4.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv24n2.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv24n1.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv23n4.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv23n2.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv23n1.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv22n4.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv22n2.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv22n1.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

FortnightlyClubRecords.pdf
The Fortnightly Club Records Collection consists of records created by the club since it was founded in 1913 as a literary club for women in the Roanoke Valley. Materials include yearbooks, meeting minutes, program materials, scrapbooks,…

VANv21n4.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv21n3.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv21n2.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv21n1.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv20n4.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv20n3.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv20n2.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv20n1.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv19n4.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv19n3.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv19n2.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv19n1.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv18n4.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv18n3.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv18n2.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv18n1.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv17n4.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv17n3.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv17n2.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv17n1.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv16n4.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv16n3.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv16n2.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv16n1.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv15n4.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv15n3.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv15n2.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv15n1.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv14n4.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv14n3.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv14n2.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv14n1.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv13n4.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv13n3.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv13n2.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv13n1.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

DudleyCollection.pdf
Materials included in the Dudley Family Genealogical Collection were compiled by Naoma Dudley Slone in two three-ring binders with photographs compiled in a separate album. The primary focus of Mrs. Slone’s research relates to the Dudley and allied…

VANv12n4.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv12n3.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv12n2.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv12n1.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv11n4.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv11n3.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv11n2.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv11n1.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

Ladies United Aid Society Collection (2).pdf
This is a guide to the Ladies United Aid Society Collection. The collection contains items relating to the Ladies United Aid Society and their members, including documents and a scrapbook. In 1893, the Ladies United Aid Society was founded as a…

VANv10n4.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv10n3.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv10n2.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv10n1.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv9n4.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv9n3.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv9n2.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv9n1.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

BM382-2.jpg
Annie Vest and Helen Williams in front of Oswald L. Williams' Store on Bent Mountain.

VANv8n4.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv8n3.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv8n2.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv8n1.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv7n4.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv7n3.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv7n2.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv7n1.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

Technician1966.pdf
The Technician was the annual for Roanoke Technical Institute.

Technician1964.pdf
The Technician was the annual for Roanoke Technical Institute.

Technician1963.pdf
The Technician was the annual for Roanoke Technical Institute.

Patriot1962.pdf
The Patriot is the annual for Patrick Henry High School.

RRHA572.jpg
Deanwood

RRHA571.jpg
Deanwood

RRHA566.jpg
402 Madison Avenue, Gainsboro

RRHA565.jpg
333 Madison Avenue, Gainsboro

RRHA563.jpg
Madison Avenue, Gainsboro

RRHA562.jpg
301 Madison Avenue, Gainsboro

RRHA561.jpg
337 Madison Avenue, Gainsboro

RRHA560.jpg
321 Madison Avenue, Gainsboro

RRHA559.jpg
353 Madison Avenue, Gainsboro

RRHA558.jpg
321 Madison Avenue, Gainsboro

RRHA557.jpg
315 Madison Avenue, Gainsboro

RRHA556.jpg
333 Madison Avenue, Gainsboro

RRHA552.jpg
Gainsboro

RRHA551.jpg
Madison Avenue

RRHA544.jpg
Gainsboro

RRHA543.jpg
Gainsboro

RRHA542.jpg
Gainsboro

RRHA541.jpg
Gainsboro

RRHA540.jpg
Gainsboro

RRHA533.jpg
360 Albemarle Avenue, SW

RRHA532.jpg

RRHA531.jpg
409 Albemarle Avenue, SW

RRHA530.jpg

RRHA529.jpg

RRHA528.jpg

RRHA527.jpg

RRHA526.jpg
368 Allison Avenue, SW

RRHA525.jpg

RRHA524.jpg
429 Allison Avenue, SW

RRHA522.jpg

RRHA521.jpg

RRHA520.jpg
1201 Maple Avenue, SW

RRHA519.jpg
371 Walnut Avenue, SW

RRHA517.jpg
Second Presbyterian church

RRHA516.jpg
301 Elm Avenue, SW

RRHA515.jpg
400 Block, Mountain Avenue, SW

RRHA514.jpg
414 Walnut Avenue, SW

RRHA513.jpg
1401 Maple Avenue, SW

RRHA512.jpg
122 Mountain Avenue, SW

RRHA511.jpg
1328 3rd Street, SW

RRHA510.jpg
618 Mountain Avenue, SW

RRHA509.jpg
Day Avenue, SW

RRHA506.jpg
Days Inn, Kimball

RRHA505.jpg
Roanoke Gas

RRHA504.jpg
Post Office

RRHA503.jpg

RRHA502.jpg
Magic City Ford

VANv6n4.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv6n3.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv6n2.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv6n1.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv5n4.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv5n3.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

VANv5n2.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society..

VANv5n1.pdf
Virginia Appalachian Notes was published quarterly by the Southwestern Virginia Genealogical Society.

RRHA501.jpg

RRHA500.jpg

RRHA499.jpg

RRHA498.jpg

RRHA497.jpg

RRHA492.jpg
Post Office

RRHA491.jpg
Civic Center

RRHA488.jpg
In the late 1970’s the Greyhound Bus Station was located at 521 Rutherford Ave NE at the corner of Kimball Ave. The building is currently occupied by Avis Construction Company (2018). This depot opened in 1974 when the previous depot at 44 Bullitt…

RRHA487.jpg
Dixie Distributing Company

RRHA486.jpg
Holiday Inn, Commonwealth

RRHA485.jpg
Magic City Ford, Commonwealth

RRHA484.jpg
Travel Lodge, Commonwealth

RRHA483.jpg
Travel Lodge, Commonwealth

RRHA482.jpg
Travel Lodge, Commonwealth

RRHA481.jpg
Commonwealth

RRHA480.jpg
Commonwealth

RRHA476.jpg
Magic City Ford

RRHA475.jpg
Dixie Distributing Company

RRHA474.jpg
Auto Spring & Bearing

RRHA472.jpg
Downtown

RRHA470.jpg
Downtown

RRHA469.jpg
Downtown

RRHA468.jpg
Downtown

RRHA467.jpg
Downtown

RRHA465.jpg
Downtown East

RRHA464.jpg
Downtown East

RRHA463.jpg
Downtown East

RRHA462.jpg
Downtown East

RRHA461.jpg
Downtown East

RRHA460.jpg
Downtown East

RRHA459.jpg
Downtown East

RRHA458.jpg
Downtown East

RRHA451.jpg
Downtown East

RRHA446.jpg
Downtown East

RRHA445.jpg
Downtown East

RRHA444.jpg
Downtown East

RRHA443.jpg
Downtown East

RRHA442.jpg
Downtown East

RRHA439.jpg
Downtown East

RRHA438.jpg
Downtown

RRHA434.jpg
Downtown

RRHA433.jpg
Downtown

RRHA430.jpg
Downtown East

RRHA427.jpg
Downtown East

RRHA426.jpg
Downtown East

RRHA425.jpg
Downtown East

RRHA424.jpg
Downtown East

RRHA423.jpg
Downtown East

RRHA421.jpg
Downtown East

RRHA420.jpg
Downtown East

RRHA419.jpg
Elmwood Park, Downtown East

RRHA416.jpg
Riverdale

Tags:

RRHA415.jpg
Riverdale

Tags:

RRHA414.jpg
Riverdale

Tags:

RRHA413.jpg
Riverdale

Tags:

RRHA411.jpg
Riverdale

Tags:

RRHA410.jpg
Riverdale

Tags:

RRHA409.jpg
Riverdale

Tags:

RRHA408.jpg
1546 Edgerton Avenue, Riverdale.

RRHA407.jpg
Riverdale

Tags:

RRHA406.jpg
Riverdale

Tags:

RRHA405.jpg
Riverdale

Tags:

RRHA402.jpg
1602 Edgerton Avenue, Riverdale.

RRHA401.jpg
1614 Edgerton Avenue, Riverdale.

RRHA400.jpg
1704 Edgerton Avenue, Riverdale.

RRHA399.jpg
1708 Edgerton Avenue, Riverdale.

RRHA398.jpg
1712 Edgerton Avenue, Riverdale.

RRHA397.jpg
1737 16th Street, Riverdale.

RRHA396.jpg
1536 Edgerton Avenue, Riverdale.

RRHA395.jpg
1534 Edgerton Avenue, Riverdale.

RRHA394.jpg
1742 Jerome Street, Riverdale.

RRHA393.jpg
Riverdale

Tags:

RRHA392.jpg
1533 Riverdale Road.

RRHA391.jpg
Riverdale

Tags:

RRHA390.jpg
Riverdale

Tags:

RRHA389.jpg
Riverdale

Tags:

RRHA388.jpg
Riverdale

Tags:

RRHA387.jpg
Riverdale

Tags:

RRHA383.jpg
Riverdale

Tags:

RRHA382.jpg
Riverdale

Tags:

RRHA381.jpg
Riverdale

Tags:

RRHA378.jpg

RRHA377.jpg
Riverdale

Tags:

RRHA376.jpg
Riverdale

Tags:

RRHA375.jpg
Riverdale

Tags:

RRHA374.jpg
Riverdale

Tags:

RRHA370.jpg

RRHA367.jpg

RRHA365.jpg

RRHA364.jpg
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2