The Virginia Room Digital Collection includes photographs, oral histories, books, pamphlets and finding aids to items in the Virginia Room. Continue to check back for new additions.
Archie’s Lobster House, formerly located at Williamson Road and Peters Creek Road, was Roanoke’s first seafood restaurant when it opened in 1947. Until 1978, it was operated by Archie Parrish. It was razed in 1981.
Roanoke Salem Plaza opened in 1962. It was the third largest shopping center to open in the valley, with Crossroads being the first and Towers, the second.
Roanoke Salem Plaza opened in 1962. It was the third largest shopping center to open in the valley, with Crossroads being the first and Towers, the second.